May 12, 2014

Help! He plays Nairabet for a living!


I came across this funny article while surfing the net and i decided to share... read below......
Sammy and I met a few blocks from my house and believe it or not, the chemistry was palpable. We shared banter. He laughed at all my jokes. He was a perfect description of a hunk, tall, dark and handsome, just the way I like them…
On our fourth date, the butterflies were already bursting out of my tummy. I actually liked this guy! I could see this becoming a thing.
When he dropped me off that evening, he learned forward to kiss me but I had my inhibitions. I realised all I knew about him was his name and the sound of his laughter.
I suggested we hold off for a while and just try and get to know each other better first.
“Okay, , ask me questions.” He muttered with a sigh.
I began interrogating him. All my questions came with monosyllabic replies.
“What do you even do for a living?” I asked casually.

”I’m a major stakeholder in one of Nigeria’s finance houses.” He replied confidently.
Huh? Was he playing with my intelligence or what?
“What does that even mean? Explain further.”
“Okay, okay, I live on my proceeds from nairabet”
No matter how nicely he tried to put it, I got the message LOUD and CLEAR!
Sammy plays nairabet for a living!
Jesus Christ!
I didn’t know what I had gotten myself into until I paid a visit to his house the following day.
By one corner of his sitting room, I noticed a catalogue of complete sports/soccerstar newspapers. All of them were in a cabinet with an inscription ‘Business Documents’ written on It.
See me see wahala oh!
He excuse himself to the kitchen to get me a drink. Seconds later, I heard a shrill cry of ,
“Jesus Christtttttttt! I’m dead”.
Thinking hot water spilled on him or some other accident, I dashed into the kitchen to help only to find him leaning by the gas cooker, fiddling with his phone.
Livescores homepage was on his screen.
“What happened? You gave a fright” I barked.
“Babe, I just made one of my biggest losses.. I staked a lot in this game mehn. ” He retorted.
“Honestly, I can’t imagine myself dating a guy that gambles. I’m not amused.” I spoke with a frown.
My guy suddenly broke into an angry outburst.
He began feeding me tales of how it was the same nairabet money that funded our dates at the fancy restaurants we dined, how he sends some of his nairabet money to his sister, how he made a bet with his friends that he’s going to fund his wedding with nairabet money when he eventually gets married.( to me?)
Are you kidding me? He actually made a bet with nairabet? His case is spiritual.
I went into deep thought immediately I got home.
He once borrowed my phone for an hour and when he returned it, he had bookmarked livescores.
The day we watched soccer together, this guy was vibrating like he had epilepsy each time his team missed a goal simply because he staked his future in nairabet!
If we date, how do I even tell my family and friends my boyfriend buys nairabet shares for a living?
If I eventually end up marrying this guy, he will one day use his wife and kids to play nairabet.
I don’t want to be waking up to complete sports paper on our bed and going to bed with livescores on our TV screen.
I don’t want them to sponsor my funeral with nairabet money.
At this point in my life, I can’t be wasting my time in any relationship that won’t lead me to the altar.
Currently, his ‘nairabet business’ is at breakeven point and he’s been going through bouts of mood swings. SMH
They say once a gambler, always a gambler.
I told him to give me a break. What would you advise me?

No comments:

Facebook Blogger Plugin by gossipvilla

Post a Comment