May 24, 2014

Man excretes 71 wraps of cocaine

According to Gistplanet A man, has been arrested by the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport in Lagos for attempting to smuggle 1,210kg of cocaine into Nigeria from Sierra Leone. See report below


 A man, Ifeanacho Ifeanyi has been arrested by the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport in Lagos for attempting to smuggle 1,210kg of cocaine into Nigeria from Sierra Leone.
A statement made available to our correspondent on Friday by the agency’s Head of Public Affairs, Mr. Mitchell Ofoyeju, said the suspect tested positive to drug ingestion during an inward screening of Arik Air passengers from Freetown, but a scan revealed he had ingested 71 wraps of cocaine.

Ofoyeju said, “The suspect was placed under observation following his positive test to drug ingestion. He later excreted 71 pieces of cocaine that weighed 1.210kg.”

Ifeanacho said he engaged in drug trafficking business because his timber business was failing.
He said, “I was a successful timber merchant in Edo State.

Suddenly, my business began to dwindle until I had no money in my accounts. I was forced to relocate to Onitsha, my hometown. I was duped and I also took a wrong step in my business. Drug trafficking was a means of getting back on track. I wanted to smuggle drugs and use the money to start up my timber business again. Timber business is like my first love and I hope to thrive in it if I have some capital.”